It’s around the time of the year now when the weather changes and for some strange reason it makes us all ill. Headaches, runny/blocked noses, sore throats, coughs and in general feeling a little bit poop. I must admit (*touches wood*) when I’m ill, I manage to dose myself up and get over it all in a few days, so I thought I’d share with you some of my little tricks that always help me feel better.
- Lemsip ; The instant I feel a cold coming on, I drink lemsip twice a day. It is a paracetamol so you can’t take any tablets with it, but after a few days I don’t feel my cold coming on anymore.
- Hot drinks/Lucozade ; When I have a sore throat, lots of hot drinks always sooth it for me, making it more bearable. Because I don’t like coffee (hot drink and caffeine) I always tend to drink a lot of Lucozade’s as well to get my energy up. When you have a sore throat, drinking is key, lots of hot drinks, lucozade and water.
- Taking long hot baths ; Aanndd relax! When I’m ill there is nothing better than taking a long hot bubbly bath, to completely relax my body and let all the hot water and steam clear away my groggy feeling. If your ill I’d recommend one of these a night to help you feel better.
- Taking some time out ; Because it’s the time of year everyone gets ill, it can be really frustrating when people phone in sick in work and your left with their work as well as your own. I know you can’t help being ill, but I always make sure I don’t take on too many tasks at once and have a whole day where I completely relax and watch films all day. You’ll thank yourself for taking the time to not do anything and it will make you feel a lot better.
- Buttercup Original Cough Syrup ; It might sound and taste disgusting, but it works!!! It is a traditional herbal medicinal product used for the relief of coughs, colds and sore throats. It definitely does that and always makes my cough go within a couple of days. You can buy this is any drugstore or supermarket.
- Olbas Oil ; I always carry a pot of this around with me, (and tissues, don’t forget to carry tissues around with you) its so quick and easy it gets rid of my blocked nose within seconds. It’s also ideal to blow your nose as much as you can, the more stuff that comes out of there, the clearer your nose will be. Again you can get this in any drugstore or supermarket.
- Vaseline ; So I spend my whole entire day blowing my nose, then end up with dried skin all around my nose. Not cool at all. I always carry Vaseline with me and pop this on the end of my nose to give the skin a bit more moisture and it gets rid of my dried skin. It is also a life saver for dried lips too.
Do you have anymore tips to help when your feeling ill? If your unwell at the moment I hope this post has helped a little and I hope you get better soon 🙂 xo.