This time of the year, I always find that I want to save money but I love having date nights, so end up racking my brain for some cheap ideas. I love going out for food and to the cinema, but with Christmas coming round quickly I’ve come up with a few ideas that are just as fun but can also save some money.
- Turn the TV and phones off, sit in front of the fire with a few nibbles and a bottle of wine and play board games. Perfect, cheap and also very fun. (my perfect date)
- Grab a couple of films and a massive bowl of popcorn and just chill watching films all night.
- Lock yourself in the kitchen and cook a three course meal from scratch for your other half or date. It’s cheaper and it definitely feels more special when you’ve cooked things from scratch.
- For a day date, wrap up warm, grab a flask of tea or coffee and go somewhere your able to go on a long walk. I love being all snug in a big wooly jumper and scarves and going for long walks.
- Build a den in your living room, put down lots of pillows and have a little indoor picnic. Great idea if you love picnics and the weather is pants.
- Have a couples come dine with me. That way you get two dates and it can be fun cooking with your partner too.
- Have a pamper evening together with facemasks, massages and a long hot bubble bath. Its sometimes nice to unwind and pamper each other.
- Go to a local market. It’s coming up to that time of the year where there are loads of little markets and stalls always going on selling lots of little crafty bits. It’s a great day out and always makes me feel so Christmassy.
- Ice skating and winter wonderland. Another idea for in a few weeks, it’s not really cheap but definitely a fun day out and again gets me so excited for Christmas.
- So if your partner plays the playstation or xbox, find a game that you’d both enjoy and have a day/evening where you both play together. It can be competitive but also really fun.
- Plan/book a summer holiday for next year. It’s exciting when you have a holiday to look forward to, so spend a night searching through the brochures and internet looking for holidays, plan how much money you need to save and write down everything you’ll need. I absolutely love having holidays to look forward to and I love planning everything that comes along with it.
Hope I’ve given you a little inspiration for your date night today and enjoy if you try any of these out. What is your perfect date in winter? 🙂 xo.