Happy 1st of October guys! I seriously can’t believe how fast this year is going, then again I say this every year. Time really does fly by these days, which is why I’ve decided to set myself some goals for the rest of the year (fourth quarter). I think I’m always at my happiest in these three months with everything leading up to Christmas, people are always in good moods, there’s always lots of festive things to do and I spend most of my days off shopping for Christmas decorations and presents. How can I not love this time of the year?
- Stick to my diet ; So just because it’s getting colder and there is a lot more chocolate in the shops now, does not mean I have to get side tracked and cut out my salads and eat more chocolate. There are plenty of yummy slimming world recipes I have found that will keep me going through the winter and I will feel so much better about myself if I’ve lost a bit of weight before Christmas. Of course I’m not going to deprive myself, I’ll still enjoy myself on nights out and at parties, but for the rest of the days, i’m sticking to it up until Christmas then I can enjoy myself for the week.
- Don’t waste money ; I absolutely love buying presents for people, i’m much more of a present giver than a present receiver. Obviously i’m grateful for presents, but I love giving people theirs. I always end up buying lots of little bits and bobs for people rather than buying one main present and end up spending more on the little bits. Normally they don’t end up using them either, so this year, i’m going to do my research and buy sensible presents that people will use and enjoy.
- Live a little more ; Although I love the winter, I tend to turn into a little animal and hibernate for the season. This year, I’m going to embrace London and it’s beautiful sites, buildings and winter wonderland in Hyde Park and spend more time out and about exploring. I seem to think that if I leave the flat, i’ll have to spend money on lots of nice things that I see, but if I’m sensible I won’t need to spend a lot and I can enjoy walking around London, enjoying the sites.
- Don’t stress myself out ; Working in retail is sometimes unbearable this time of the year, especially the closer to Christmas we get. We are normally rushed off our feet from the moment we walk through the door until it’s time to go home, sometimes we don’t even have time for a break. This year, I’ll be taking my breaks, I’ll be getting myself more organised and I’ll be making sure that I don’t stress myself out.
- Practice baking ; This is going to contradict with my ‘stick to my diet’ goal buttttttt I don’t have to eat any! Okay, who am I kidding, I don’t have to eat them all! I really need to practice my baking skills and stick to the bloody recipe. I LOVE seeing little cute cupcakes and cookies at this time of the year, so i’m definitely going to give them ago. Also going to do some slimming world friendly ones too.
- Think about 2017 ; I really need to sit down and start organising my life in what I want to do in my future. I currently have a job, not a career and I really need to change that. So I need to start planning some more goals for 2017 and smash them!
Do you have any goals for the rest of the year? Have you started planning next years goals? I’d love to know 🙂 xo.