Although Autumn and Winter is the best time of the year (in my opinion) it’s also really sad when it rains all day and your unable to do anything or go outside anywhere. Today I thought I’d share with you a few ideas I’ve used to cheer myself up on a rainy day.
- Spend all day in bed. Yep, it can be boring but sometimes we all need a day in bed, chilling out watching YouTube and eating lots of naughty Christmas chocolate we promised ourselves we wouldn’t open until Christmas week (who was we kidding right?), but being snug in my bed with a cuppa whilst its pouring down outside makes me so happy and content.
- Have a good clear out. I love nothing more than getting rid of all the crap and clothes I’ve been hoarding for the last few months that i’ll never use and never wear. Sort out your summer clothes and either throw them away or store them somewhere out of reach until you need to dig them back out for next year. That’ll give you some room for all your Autumn clothes and when things are neat and tidy, it always makes me feel better.
- Clean. This is a task I hate doing when I’m not in the mood, but love doing when I am in the mood (I know I’m weird but I’m probably not the only one). I must admit, whenever I’ve cleaned my flat it always puts me in a good mood, due to the fact that everything is so clean and tidy. So if it needs doing, put some of your favourite music on and spend a few hours cleaning and you’ll be surprised how good it makes you feel when it’s done.
- Online shopping. I always grab a cuppa and my laptop and go through loads of sites searching for Christmas presents, presents for myself and also I like to go through supermarket websites to see what food they’ve got on offer ready for Christmas time. Always cheers me up knowing I’m being super organised.
- Skype with friends and family. I live in London, 2/3 hours away from my family and friends so Skyping or FaceTiming them always cheers me up and it’s good to have a chinwag and catch up.
- Netflix. There’s nothing like chilling out on the sofa with a cuppa and some chocolate and getting stuck into a new Netflix series! I always end up obsessed and spend the whole day watching it.
- Write some blog posts. I love reading peoples blogs, gaining some ideas and writing. Spend the day catching up on all your favourite bloggers, researching and writing down some blog post ideas and even scheduling some. I did this a a few weeks ago and managed to plan and schedule two blog posts a week until the end of the year. It definitely cheered me up and made me feel very productive.
- Baking. I am a sucker for wanting to bake something, but never having enough time to do so. So my next day off when it’s raining and I can’t go out anywhere, I’m going to dig through my cupboards and get my bake on. I’m actually already excited!
Do you have anymore tips on what to do on a rainy day? Be sure to leave them in the comments and I can give them a go too and I hope I’ve given you some ideas on how to cheer up your rainy day 🙂 xo.