There’s nothing worse sometimes than being in a bad mood that you just can’t shake off. I always end up taking it out on the people around me, arguing with them and feel really guilty afterwards. Lately I’ve been doing a few things to calm myself down before taking it out of them and getting myself back in a good mood. Today I thought I’d share with you some of those things.
- Long phone calls from my family. As I don’t live near them anymore, having a hour long convasation on the phone or FaceTime always cheers me up and makes me forget about anything I was ever annoyed about. Parents always seem to say the right things and make you feel 10 times better.
- Listening to music. Sometimes I put my headphones in and put a really cheesy or upbeat playlist on shuffle and just sing away all my bad vibes, it always works!
- Going for a long walk. Clearing my head whilst going on a long walk really lifts my mood and I also feel good for doing some sort of exercise.
- Watching YouTube videos. Especially at this time of the year, I LOVE watching people’s vlogmas videos. They are so fun and always get me excited for Christmas.
- Taking a long hot bubble bath. Bubble baths always relax my whole body, which means my mind then relaxes and everything seems to be a lot more calm and I become a lot less moody.
- Making plans with friends. I have a few friends in London but most friends are back in Wales, so making plans to meet up with them always get me out of a mood and gets me really excited knowing I’m going to see them soon.
- Booking a trip away. Obviously I can’t do this every time I’m in a mood as I’ll be forever skint, but booking little breaks away or a holiday abroad definitely gets me out of my mood and excited to get away from everything to clear my mind.
- Reading. Whenever I read a really good book, I instantly fall into that world I’m reading about and it almost lifts my mood immediately. It’s incredible what a book can do to you.