Happy St.David’s day everyone 🙂 (for those that are unsure what St.Davids day is, find out here) I am super super proud to be Welsh and apart from rugby match days, today I’m even more proud! As it is St.Davids day I thought I’d share with you all the perks of being welsh and why I love it so much…
- People loveeee our accents. The amount of people who ask me to keep talking or ask me to say something (because we say it in a certain way) is unreal. I love that we have a calming accent too, even when we’re shouting or angry.
- Some pretty great TV programs have come out of Wales… Gavin and Stacey, Stella and Fireman Sam.
- We are all really friendly. Apart from the village idiot (we all have them), everyone in Wales is always really friendly, always saying Good Morning and most of us have very well manners.
- A lot of really great sports men and women have come from Wales. You’ve got the rugby team where there are some right fitties (check them out here), then the likes of Ryan Giggs, Aaron Ramsy and Gareth Bale who play for pretty big teams as well as Wales. Here is an amazing list full of famous Welsh people.
- Curry sauce and Chips. Us Welshies bloody lavvvv it, nothing better than curry sauce and chips from Chippy Lane in Cardiff after an alcohol filled night out.
- WE HAVE A BLOODY DRAGON ON OUR FLAG. Are you going to argue with me about how unique and cool we are!?
- I am absolutely in LOVE with Welsh Cakes and I don’t really know anyone who doesn’t like them? They are bloody delicious little flat cakes which contain flour, sultanas, raisins, and/or currants. If anyone in London or South East England would like to make them and send them my way i’d be ever so grateful, here is the recipe 🙂
- Wales has some of the most beautiful scenic places I’ve ever seen. Castles, hills, mountains, beaches, cottages, caves, pretty little towns, it is truly beautiful.
- Our national flower is a Daffodil and its one of my favourite flowers. Its so pretty and always gets me excited for Spring.
- Lastly, on St.Davids Day when we we’re younger we got to wear these cute little outfits to school to celebrate and I love being dressed like this. Even if I just had a blanket wrapped around me and a hat on, I felt very proud to be a little Welsh lady on this day.
If you ever get the chance in your life, id definitely recommend visiting Wales and trying a Welsh cake, you’ll definitely thank me. Are you proud of the country you’re from? Anyone else Welsh and proud? 🙂 xo.